Tuesday, October 9, 2007

aint got no Mojo January 15, 2007

Its been one of those lives, you know the one where you color with in the lines so the picture will look nice and neat. You use coco for the skin, pink for the lips and black for the hair so everything looks as it should be. Hell, you even trace over the lines with the pitch black crayon so the boundaries are well defined, broad enough to hide slips of color creeping out and sharp enough to make the neatness glow. And for all that trouble and hard work all you get is a flattened out crayon and a bland ass picture nobody wants to buy. Just like life.
Is it possible to be defeated by doing everything right? Is it really naive to believe that hard work, proven skills and talent will get me to where I want to be or should I just make a sex tape and put it on the net.
Aint got no money
aint got no love
aint got no mojo
just a hard day's thrive
what is right? I've been railing against playing by these supposed rules and falling to the side when I just realized whose rules are these anyway! and what makes them the right ones! Why am I so blindly following what someone set up as the standard. Go to school, get great job, good portfolio, property, family. I really do wonder what life would be like if I would just for a blink really cut loose...what would happen? fire, brimstone, prison, scandal, ruin, devastation or Bliss.
To love, laugh, talk, dance, smile, yell, and jump hardfastfree, how do I do that?

No comments: