Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Magic is Might 7/23/07

Simply overwhemed by this storm of emotions as I close the last page to the last Harry Potter book. What a read! Harry Potter and the Deathly Harrows is by far the most thrilling and exhausting book of the series. I'm in awe of how wonderfully JK Rowling put the pieces of the story together, each book a spicy ingredient for this fiesty dish of an ending. I want to write like that, to create a world so detailed, the characters rich, complex and so alive, stories so juicy, fresh, and intermingled but never blurry, what gift. Rowling closed the door to Potter's world so brilliantly that I don't want more from the series but from her. Will her next books be so enthralling? I can only wait and see, she is gifted and if the depths of her gift were spent on Harry, then it wasn't in vain.

In my heart I longed for Dumbledore's death to be a trick and I was surprised and slightly sad to learn that the blue eye in the mirror wasn't his. Nothing saddened me more than Snape, from the 5th book I had suspected that Snape may have loved Lily, though the author threw her readers off. All this time I despised him and he was truly the most brave man of the series, serving only one master, love. He deserved more, he's like Leo's character from the Departed ( A Damn good movie). The last scene between him and Harry was mind blowing, especially after you learn his story and you feel the intensity in which he stares into Harry's eyes.

The Weasly's are awesome, the best family in the wizarding world. I knew the author would kill off one, she had to but Dammit I liked Fred! Mrs. Weasley calling Bellatrix a Bitch, that whole scene rocked! I do like Bellatrix though, insanity coupled with passion made her very interesting, did she expect to be Voldemort's bride or something?

Voldemort I found rather boring, ok pure blood this pure blood that, when all along he's a half blood. The scene where he relives the killing of the Potters is shocking, especially when we find out what Snape asked of him.

The best part of the entire book is Hermione, what a Rockin Witch! She thought of everything, her quick wit, spells, planning, and plain old common sense saved Harry' s and Ron's ass every single time. That chick deserves a series of her own.
I'm happy they got the ending they deserved. I know it's a story but ahhh what a story, they feel like my friends.

No comments: