Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Amusing muggle 2/1/07

Harry Potter is back!!! I'm so excited. I'm coming off of an overnight shift at work, look like a zombie but unable to sleep. Fire up my dsl and I see this " Final Harry Potter Book due out in July" how sick is that! I can't sleep now, I can barely sit still, JULY JULY JULY, 5 loooooong months away, I'm going to start a count down, I'm going to pull a Hiro and fast forward to the future, I just can't wait to read the final book of the Harry Potter series. I'll never forget buying the first book for my little cousin and flipping through it on the bus ride home. I was hooked. The second, 3rd, and 4rth were devoured afterwards. The third and fourth tying as my favorites of the series. The fifth was pre ordered months in advance, stolen before I could even glimpse the package then hastily bought at Barnes and Nobles. Then read at Riis beach on the hottest July day of 2003. Giving new meaning to blinding heat as the sun glared off the pages and scorched my pupils. Even the "A" train ride home with sand in my hair, ears, pants, and creases, falling onto the pages couldn't stop my lust for each printed word. The sixth book, my least favorite, read haphazardly during my 24 hour flight from JFK-London then Sri Lanka. The sharp edges of the hardcover digging into my arms ever time I curled up to let the stewardess pass by during the Sri Lankan airways flight. In despair in Sri Lanka when I read Dumbledore's death, bawling, snot, hiccups and everything in Nuyraila, high in the mountains , cold, and aching that Snape! would betray Dumbledore and kill him. Where will the 7th and final book find me? I can't wait!

All you Harry Potter fans come on lets chat. What do you think book 7, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will bring? Will Harry survive? Think Dumbledore is really dead? What will happen to Snape? ohhh the final fight between Harry and Lord Voldemort. Hermoine and Ron? What will happen with Harry and Ginny now that he is a wizard school drop out and all bad ass? Will Percy just chill? Twins still in the joke business? Now I gotta read the books over again to refresh my memory, the wait has been to long.
ps, just finished reading a great book, The Darkest Child by Delores Phillips. Intimate, heart breaking and beautiful. You'll love Tangy Mae and weep as she struggles to free herself from her beautiful and cruel mother.
Potter fans Share the good news!!!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070201/ap_en_ot/people_rowling
This is interesting
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,,1837941,00.html

No comments: