Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Raw 4/17/07

Century 21 is a fat woman's purgatory. Every donut I ever ate rebukes me as a peruse the aisles of discounted designer clothes. Clothes so cute, so wonderfully made, so sexy, clothes that you don't just wear but experience. Like the green dress I saw, the perfect shade of green to make my complexion dazzle like 18 karat gold. Baby grass green, delicate, fresh, hopeful, yet tempting, with a sweet heart neckline, skimming bodice and light flutters through to the hem. It was the kind of dress I'd spend a month's salary on. Only it came in a size 0, 2, and 4. Nothing like that exists in the plus size section. Not to completely insult plus size sections and stores, I mean Lane Bryant and Ashley Stewart do have some cute clothes and have helped me maintain my fierceness but I never saw anything like what I see at Century 21, Kohl's, and H&M. My jaunts in those stores this past weekend just left me feeling old and ugly, not that the two are synonymous. Dammit I helped my 60 year old mother try on Rock & Republic jeans (she looked damn good too) while my section boasted elastic waist stone washed denim pants. Ughh well it was enough to make me join Weight Watcher's, buy a Colon Cleanser, and order the Hoopnatic Dvd. I'm going to poop, count points, and hula hoop my way to a size 00, OK 4, welllll really a 10, who am I fooling most likely 12-14, ughh 16!! In which case I still won't be able to shop at those stores, dieting makes me mean.

No comments: